Cattle Insert (progesterone)
We have CIDR’s, applicators and information about the procedures to use these products. Contact us for more information.
Breed More Cattle in Less Time
Cattle breeding is more successful with the EAZI-BREED™ CIDR® Cattle Insert (progesterone). It improves the timing and efficiency of beef cow and heifer breeding programs when using LUTALYSE® Sterile Solution (dinoprost tromethamine). The EAZI-BREED CIDR Insert provides precise control of the estrous cycle, allowing more cattle to be bred in less time.
- Key Features
The EAZI-BREED CIDR Insert is indicated for controlling the estrous cycle and ovulation in beef heifers and cows for:
- Artificial insemination (AI)
- Easier estrous detection
- Planned natural mating
- Embryo collection and transfer programs
- Treating anestrus
Breeding programs using the EAZI-BREED™ CIDR® Cattle Insert and LUTALYSE® Sterile Solution (dinoprost tromethamine) can:
- Provide tight estrous synchrony so animals come into heat in a narrow window
- Provide an opportunity to induce a fertile estrus in non-cycling cows
- Hasten the onset of puberty in virgin heifers
Using EAZI-BREED CIDR Inserts can result in:
- Higher pregnancy rates
- Earlier calving season
- More uniform calves
- Less involuntary culling of non-pregnant cows
- Better use of time and labor during both breeding and calving
- Tighter calving intervals, with more calves born during a cow’s lifetime
- Easier and more accurate heat detection, or the option of no heat detection with timed artificial insemination (AI)
- Enhanced use of AI
- Greater genetic gain and higher value calves
- Ability to time heifer calving first, before older cows freshen, so heifers can get extra attention
- Easier customized matings – including the use of calving-ease sires – because AI is more feasible
- Confirmed breeding and calving dates – not always possible with natural service
- A more profitable herd
EAZI-BREED™ CIDR® Cattle Inserts contain 1.38 grams of progesterone in elastic rubber molded over a nylon spine. They are packaged in a plastic pouch with 10 inserts to a pouch. The special EAZI-BREED CIDR applicator is packaged separately.
EAZI-BREED™ CIDR® Cattle Inserts are administered intravaginally, one per animal, in beef cows and heifers. The EAZI-BREED CIDR Insert releases progesterone during the seven-day treatment period. To assure satisfactory synchronization, an injection of LUTALYSE® Sterile Solution (dinoprost tromethamine) must be given to all cattle one day before insert removal. Removal of the insert on treatment Day Seven results in a drop in plasma progesterone, triggering estrus within three days.
View the breeding program options using EAZI-BREED CIDR and LUTALYSE in the beef Breeding Management section.
EAZI-BREED and CIDR are trademarks of InterAg, Hamilton, New Zealand.